Friday 1 March 2013

RNA RoNA Rose Award

Tuesday started early for me. I couldn't sleep - I was far too excited. Then I started to drift off, and dream that the roads to the airport would all be blocked and I would miss my plane. So I just got up and headed off to the airport early.
A flight to London later, a quick dash to Harrods to pick up my sister's birthday present, and a mad dash to check-in to the hotel (the room wasn't ready and I had to get changed in the toilets!). Then I made it to Piccadily in London and the lovely Le Meridian Hotel.
Time for Lunch!
Tessa Shapcott and Dianne Moggy from Harlequin Mills and Boon took myself and the other nominees Fiona Harper, Carol Townend, Heidi Rice and Sarah Mallory out for lunch. It was a beautiful setting, gorgeous food and even better company.

Then it was a stroll (!!!!) down Piccadily to the RAF Club where the awards were being held. I wasn't as well prepared as the others - due to frantic change in a toilet, I had forgot to bring my other shoes and had to walk in my black sequin ones.

The RAF club was crowded, the event very well attended. It was great to see everyone although I still feel as if I hardly got a chance to talk to anyone. My camera also suffered from blurry images.
Richard and Judy were presenting the awards. I really wanted my picture taken with them but failed miserably!
Liz Fenwick managed to capture the actual awards. I'll let you watch it here!  I've posted it at the bottom so you can watch.  I couldn't manage to put it in the middle of the blog!


So, you can see that Sarah Mallory won the award. Bravo Sarah!

After the awards I went for some drinks with Heidi Rice, Abby Green, Susan Stephens, India Grey and Fiona Harper. It was lovely to get a chance to chat, and when I finally got back to my hotel and got to see my room it was much bigger than expected.


London was fabulous and I wish I could do it all again tomorrow. Oh well, there's always next year!



6 comments:

  1. It looks very glam, Scarlet. And look at you - you're not the Lady in Red this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi romy! No, I'm not - I couldn't find a red dress and had to settle for purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, as always! I'm so proud of your two nominations and so glad to hear you had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you Catherine! Hoping to be there when you get nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scarlet only just found this and I have to agree, you look great in purple. Anne Stenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future.
    dried fruit for sale

    ReplyDelete