Monday 14 November 2011

Christmas Inspiration!

So, I'm writing my first Christmas story for Mills and Boon and I'm really excited about it.  For the last few weeks I've been looking for Christmas books to help inspire me and get me into the Christmas spirit. 
And this is one of the books I've found
And here's the blurb.
Beth Prince has always loved fairytales and now, aged twenty-four, she feels like she's finally on the verge of her own happily ever after. She lives by the seaside, works in the Picturebox - a charming but rundown independent cinema - and has a boyfriend who's so debonair and charming she can't believe her luck! There's just one problem - none of her boyfriends have ever told her they love her and it doesn't look like Aiden's going to say it any time soon. Desperate to hear 'I love you' for the first time Beth takes matters into her own hands - and instantly wishes she hadn't. Just when it seems like her luck can't get any worse, bad news arrives in the devilishly handsome shape of Matt Jones. Matt is the regional director of a multiplex cinema and he's determined to get his hands on the Picturebox by Christmas. Can Beth keep her job, her man and her home or is her romantic-comedy life about to turn into a disaster movie?

So, I finished this book last night and I loved it.  I have two favourite parts - one when Beth is on the recruitment weekend in Wales and one when she attends an ex's family party.  I was literally cringing for her on both occasions, but in fact I was also laughing out loud.

If your looking for a good Christmas read - this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment