Tuesday 9 November 2010

Waiting....

The revisions are finally finished and have flown off to Mills and Boon again.  But I really felt as if I couldn't post a picture of the flying books for a THIRD time.  That would have been really lame.  So, instead I found a nice tranquil picture, to try and show a nice, calm, patient, waiting attitude.  But those of you who know me, know that that's never me in million years.  (Incidentally, this is actually wallpaper.  Would be a nice feature wall in a room somewhere, but since my beloved has just decorated our bedroom with a lovely red feature wall - pictures on facebook! - I think I might not be able to suggest it!)
This is me...
So, now comes the question of how long you wait.  Incidentally SO appears to my favourite word in a manuscript, Rachael Johns found a multitude of them that had all passed me by... Therefore I have to say thank you to her and my lovely critique partner Nancy (AKA Sheandeen on eharlequin) for their help in the past week. 
What do I think about the revisions?  At first, I have to admit, I wasn't sure.  After all, I was tearing 'my baby' apart and putting it back together again.  At one point I really didn't like my characters anymore, and would have hated to be stuck in a lift with them.  However, things moved on and I learned to love them again and I do think the story is stronger.  But is it strong enough?  Here's hoping.
The competition for today is HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING?
Most of us will have heard of Soraya Lane, who got the Call recently after around 8 months.  Maisey Yates had a 20 month wait all in.  However, the lovely Wendy S Marcus, returned her revisions on the Monday and got the Call at the end of the week!
I know that another blogger Janette has been waiting a while too.  So the question is everyone, how long has it been?  Move over, there's plenty of room on the waiting bench!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck Susan!! Hitting send is always so terrifying :)

    My wait last year was 6 months on a full - for a nice, long, helpful R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan, great you've got your MS away! Crossing fingers for you!
    My wait so far has been only 3 weeks so no time at all in other words. And you know what? I'm quite happy waiting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Susan! I'm rooting for you. I have a bottle of champagne waiting!
    And yes, I received "the call" about a week after completing my third final draft, but I had been through a grueling five months of revisions at that point.
    Here's to hoping you hear back quickly! And swing by my blog to read my post: What I've Learned so Far, so you can use your wait time to your best advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I say (think Dot Cotton), nail biting!!!!
    Lots of luck chicken, am crossing everything for fast and fabulous news for you.
    Wait time at the mo for me is mini - 4 weeks or so, not even a blip on the radar yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!

    I've been waiting over 9 months on a full. It's AGONY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah - here's hoping after New Voices you don't have a 6 month wait this time x
    Jackie - you're happy waiting?? Are you sure? Good luck with this sub x
    Wendy - thanks very much and I'll read your blog with pleasure x
    Joanne - good luck on the new submission and I loved your New Voices sub - is it that one?
    Jennifer - 9 months on a full? It must be time for you to hear soon, crossing my fingers for you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossing everything for a speedy and positive reply!!

    My wait on my revs on full is nearing 6 months. The actual mss was originally sent on 28 August, 2009. So not nearly as long as some, but it feels like foreverrrrrrrr.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Janette, I knew it was long but that sounds horrid. I know that, once the editor is happy, the Senior Editor and Karin Stoecker, the Editorial Director, have to read the manuscripts for new sales. But it seems to be such a long time. Good Luck and I hope you hear soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming in late (been holidaying *grin*) to say a HUGE congrats on subbing your lovely story!! Was a pleasure to read.

    So far I've been waiting five weeks and five days... not that I'm counting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thought I'd commented on this, but obviously haven't. Sorry.

    Keeping everything crossed you hear good news soon.

    XX

    ReplyDelete