Sunday 19 September 2010

HELP! Disc Assessment

Now this may be completely unrelated to writing but someone out there has to know how to help me. I'm getting interviewed for a new job and have to go through an 'enhanced selection process' Part of this is carrying out a DISC assessment. I will be sent an online password and have to do the assessment on Tuesday, after 24 hours the assessment closes and you are no longer allowed to complete it.

I've never done one of these and need any advice you can give me. Is this where they find out I'm secretly nuts, have true OCD tendencies and am a stalker?? I've looked online but am getting more and more confused by the minute. Another friend completed one for a job interview and did it 'from the heart'. She says she will never EVER do that again and advises me to find another method.

So can anyone give me some advice? Please?

And does anyone wish it was the 22nd already so we knew who the final 10 are in New Voices?

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Susan because I have no idea but I wanted to wish you lots of luck! I'm sure you'll be fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could help you but I'm NOT 100% sure I know what you're talking about - lol! I did do an online questionnaire thingy once when I applied for a customs job! I didn't get it, so obviously I failed the personality test and am not use to you at all :) Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Susan. I'm sure you'll do fine. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm have done a couple in the past but not sure if they were DISC. I really hate those things - isn't talking to a person upfront and geeting a feel for them good enough anymore? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Susan, I don't have a clue. But will be sending oodles of positive vibes your way on Tuesday.

    I know you'll do brilliantly.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I've never heard of this so I can't help, but I do wish you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Susan, I can't put you out of your misery on either score. Never heard of a Disc assessment, and I suspect we're going to have to wait at least a week after the contest closes before the eds have read over 400 entries and announced the shortlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,

    DISC is a psychological profile. You can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DISC_assessment

    But then, you've probably already taken the test.

    I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

    Abbi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, not sure about the disc assessment but I'm just letting you know that you've won Natalie's novella from your commento on the Sister's site!
    Just email Nat here:
    natalie@natalie-anderson.com
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, so I did the Disc analysis and it was hideous. 24 sets of four single words and for each group you had to pick the one you were "most like" and "least like". Some of them were very similar. Apparently this assess if you are a leader or not. I think it's more likely to diagnose me with a personality disorder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    DISC assessment can provide guidance for both an employer and an employee in terms of how to more effectively capitalize on the employee's strengths. Thanks...

    Improve Team Dynamics

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are going to take the DISC tools assessment, you should be honest with your answers. In this way, your chances of getting hired are higher.

    ReplyDelete