Thursday 14 June 2012

The Lucky Seven - Tagged!

Rachael Johns is in SO much trouble.

She's tagged me in "The Lucky Seven" challenge.  I've been kind of keeping my head down and avoiding this one but it's not to be!

The Golden Rules:

  • Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript (fiction or non-fiction)
  • Go to line 7
  • Post on your blog the next seven lines, or sentences as they are - no cheating.
  • Tag 7 authors to do the same

So what am I currently writing?  That would be that cruise ship book.
Cue a nice picture of my other half and the kids next to our cruise ship two years ago (a purely research trip you understand!)



And I've just got a nice title for the cruise ship book.  It's going to be called An Inescapable Temptation.  What do you think?

So here we go Page 77, line 7 and the next 7 lines.


Gabriel was waiting in the Atlantis Bar.  His brain was not entirely sure what he was doing there.  Being one of the ship’s doctors had additional roles and responsibilities and he understood that.  He’d invited Francesca merely as a means of self protection.  And if he kept telling himself that he might actually grow to believe it.  He eyed his watch nervously – what if she changed her mind and didn’t come?    The cougars were already circulating.


And because lots of you have already been tagged I won't pick another seven, I'll just say if you've not already done it - now it's your turn!  So come back and tell me if you've done it!

5 comments:

  1. Just realised, quite sadly, that the boat berthed next to ours is the Costa Concordia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no re the pic! And great lines, Scarlet. I've been tagged too but haven't posted it yet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness there's someone else as slow as me at posting! Can't wait to see yours jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title Scarlet. Sadly, the Concordia went down at about the time my husband had completed four months of a five month stint working on a cruise ship. I was beside myself as he was in the Far East and only contactable when he could get a line/internet connection. It never occurred to him I might have been worried grrrr! He's off again shortly and not back until Christmas - I'm not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara
    Men! That was a horrible time. Still can't believe the captain jumped ship.....
    Sorry to hear your husband will be away again soon, it will just make you look forward to Christmas more x

    ReplyDelete